Kathryn Atkinson, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Cardiology)
Dr. Atkinson is a board certified Diplomate in the American College of Internal Medicine, Cardiology specialty and she is the founder of Heart of Oregon Veterinary Cardiology. She received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Ontario Veterinary College where she also pursued a one-year rotating small animal internship. She completed a three-year residency in Veterinary Cardiology and a Master of Science degree at the University of Missouri. Her professional career includes several years practicing general small animal medicine and emergency medicine prior to undertaking her residency in 2005 which allowed her to focus on the specialty she loves. She has authored several peer-reviewed publications and book chapters and she lectures extensively.
She works closely with family veterinarians and is committed to providing compassionate care to all of her patients.
Dr. Atkinson resides in Portland with her husband and daughter. Her home and her heart are ruled by her family, which includes a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and a Cornish Rex cat.
OUR BOARD-CERTIFIED CARDIOLOGY TEAM PROVIDES
- Comprehensive & compassionate care
- Non-invasive cardiology examination, echocardiogram and various other diagnostics
- Transparent, collaborative and inclusive diagnostics and treatment of cardiac disease with communication between our team, your pet’s primary care physician and you
- Ongoing access to a cardiologist for consultation to help assure optimal continued care, quality of life and longevity of your pet
- Cardiac certification for breeding programs