To all of our pet guardians,
Thank you for continuing to trust Heart of Oregon Veterinary Cardiology with the care of your precious pets. WE ARE OPEN , and will continue to be, as long as it does not pose a health risk to our staff, clients, patients, or the general public.
We understand the seriousness of the Coronavirus (COVID 19), and are following recommendations to decrease the spread of infection. Because of this, we would like hospital visitors to be aware of the following precautionary measures:
- If you are planning a visit but are not feeling well, please call our hospital and our receptionist will reschedule your visit for a later date.
- While we are a wonderful team of caring individuals, we will be following guidelines for distancing measures, within reason.
- At this time, we are taking additional measures to decrease close contact unnecessarily and will ONLY be allowing staff members to enter the building. We ask that you call our front desk upon your arrival. Our technicians will take a history over the phone about your pet’s current health status and retrieve them from the parking lot after the exam room and equipment have been disinfected from the previous patient. Dr. Atkinson will then call you to discuss recommendations for your pet. When your pet’s appointment has come to a conclusion, they will be returned to you in the parking lot and payment can be made by phone with our receptionist.
- We have heightened our cleaning regiments to be more frequent, with a focus on disinfecting high-trafficked/commonly used areas, and areas used by any previous patient.
- If your pet is in need of medications please call us and we can discuss shipping your pet’s medications to your home. Should you decide to pick up medications from the hospital, please call upon arrival and medications will be brought to your car.
- If there are accommodations that you would like to request regarding the concern of COVID 19 exposure, please let our office know either by phone or email prior to your appointment and we will try to meet reasonable accommodation requests.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation during this ever changing time. We wish you all good health, and we hope that these guidelines will enable us to facilitate veterinary cardiology services for as long as possible.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support,